PPMB

We're just nuts about nuts!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:19 pm 

Ok, Kara and I have talked it over, and she's going to take over the administration of the board, ownership of the site, and all the fun that entails.

In order to make a smooth transition (or as smooth as possible), we're going to have to move the database file for the message board from my server to her server. This means that AFTER I extract the file, YOUR POSTS WILL BE LOST until Kara sets up the new board. (Sort of like all of the posts past 4/14. Sorry about that-- the webservice provider doesn't do a good job of backing up.)

I plan on extracting the file ASAP, so it might not be a good idea to post anything for the meantime, unless you don't mind it turning to vapor.

Also, this means that the board will be down for a day or two as the new DNS listing propagates, so plan on going out into the Big Blue Room or something.

Also, Kara will have total ownership of the site, the domain name, and the headaches. My role as neglectful absentee landlord will come to an end. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the site as much as I wanted, but that's how it goes, I guess. When I finally get all moved over to Japan (hopefully by August I'll be all moved in), I'll post a link to some pictures on the new board.

It's been an interesting ride. I had no idea it would go on this long, though. Martin-- when are you putting the message board back up on OD, anyway? It's been like 6? 7? years now. You told me this was just temporary. :D

Take care, everyone.

rich.

Thundercles: No! It is the Battlesphere of Doom!
Brak: What do you think that is?
Thundercles: That's a lightswitch...
Brak: Uh-huh.
Thundercles: Of Total Devastation!!